Feta Stuffed Lamb Burgers
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 14
- Total Time: 29 minutes
- Yield: 6 burgers 1x
Fresh vegetable toppings make a great addition to feta stuffed lamb burgers.
- 1–1/2 lb (750 g) Ontario Ground Lamb
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1 Ontario Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbed Ontario Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) quick oats
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh Ontario Rosemary Leaves
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) tzatziki
- 6 pita breads
- 12 slices Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber
- 12 slices Ontario Greenhouse or Field Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Ontario Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 6 black olives
- In large bowl, combine lamb, garlic, egg, cheese, oats, rosemary, cumin and pepper. Shape into 6 burgers.
- Place burgers on greased grill over medium-high heat. Grill, covered, for 6 to 7 minutes per side or until thermometer inserted sideways into centre of each burger reads 160°F (71°C).
- Spread tzatziki evenly on pita bread. Top each with burger, cucumbers, tomatoes and onions. Garnish with skewered olive.
Recipe and photography courtesy of Foodland Ontario
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 505
- Sodium: 730 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 30 g