Lamb can be an easy and satisfying weeknight meal, and these lamb loin chops with a fragrant and flavorful Marsala sauce will prove it. Serve over-top of mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
- 5–6 lamb loin chops
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine (or dry white wine)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Fresh thyme
- In a shallow bowl mix flour with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge loin chops in flour.
- In a large frying pan, over medium-high heat, add olive oil. When oil is hot add loin chops to pan. Sear on either side for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To same pan, add butter and mushrooms. Sauté mushrooms until liquid is released, about 5 minutes. Add shallots and garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Slowly add wine to deglaze the pan; using spatula to scrape the pan clean. Add chicken stock, Dijon mustard, and seared loin chops to the pan. Continue to simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve over hot mashed potatoes.