Lamb chops have never tasted more spring like than they do in this fast and fresh entrée. Preparation is simplified by using concentrated mint sauce and Ontario Greenhouse Cucumbers. Concentrated mint sauce, available at your local supermarket, is sold in jars and is thicker than regular bottled mint sauce. Spread it lightly over the chops before cooking and add it to this cool refreshing cucumber sauce. And remember, there’s no need to peel Ontario Greenhouse Cucumbers. The skin is totally edible and adds colour, flavour and nutrition to every recipe it’s used in.
- 8 Ontario Loin Lamb Chops
Cucumber Mint Sauce:
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) plain yogurt
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1 small clove Ontario Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) concentrated mint sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Cucumber mint sauce: In medium bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, garlic and 2 tsp (10 mL) concentrated mint sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill at least 1 hour to blend flavours.
- Spread thin coating of more concentrated mint sauce on both sides of lamb chops; let stand 15 minutes. Grill or broil lamb to desired doneness. Serve with Cucumber Mint Sauce.
Recipe and photography courtesy of Foodland Ontario
- Serving Size: 2 lamb chops
- Calories: 198
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Protein: 26 g